Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
BATTLE MECHANICS [ooc]
22-08-2014, 08:17 PM,
xotame
RE: BATTLE MECHANICS [ooc]
Hey guys, sorry about my absense.

I figured I'd make a quick post just to say that I'm gonna be available on my skype (xotame) but I need to break from a lot of things so that I can put the time into the character creation that it deserves.

Don't worry this really is a temporary thing and I will be back in the full swing of things as soon as the character creation is up and running.

In the mean time, suggest some ideas here. Any classes, weapons (both melee and ranged), and any spells or special abilities that you'd like to see. Just post them here and I will take them into consideration.

[Image: 96986972315526449402.png]
22-08-2014, 09:14 PM,
kaolincash
we need both magical and physical ranged/melée, but that's all i care about tbh. i want magical abilities and physical abilities to be balanced like special/physical in pokémon.

[Image: forumsig.gif]
23-08-2014, 11:34 PM,
Nomms
I think it'd be neat to borrow some of the weapons from the RWBY universe, those are so fucking cool.
25-08-2014, 03:10 AM,
Bonald McBonald
A while back I was a part of a full fledged Forum RPG, and the way they handled "rolling" was by extending the timestamps to include hundredths of a second, and using that as a substitute for dice.

So, going into a maneuver, you'd know what you needed your timestamp to be, then you'd state what you're doing, then edit based on success. Like this:

OP: X action needs over 68 to succeed.
Poster 1: Your usual RP description, then Mr. Character attempts X action.
Timestamp: 1:34:32:03
EDIT: Your usual RP description, then Mr. Character fails to perfom X action.
25-08-2014, 03:24 AM,
kaolincash
i think the fact that we now have a dice roll system makes timestamping a lil cumbersome tbh

i mean it's just /dice or /roll and then the kind of dice you want (like 2d6)
[/dice] [2d6] without the []s would be
2d6 rolled for a total of: 7 (1, 6)

[Image: forumsig.gif]
25-08-2014, 03:38 AM,
Bonald McBonald
Ah, alright then. I replied after reading just the OP, I didn't know you'd gotten a dice system implemented already. Sorry about that!