Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avatar: The Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra
07-08-2014, 09:30 PM,
Teutesus
RE: Avatar: The Last Airbender & The Legend of Korra
My favourite characters are Zaheer and Iroh. Zaheer just resonates with me and how can anyone not love Iroh?

My favourite episode is a little tougher... Either Tales of Ba Sing Se for the baww or The Firebending Masters because
Spoiler:
dragons are awesome.

soon
10-08-2014, 09:35 PM,
bees?
aang is my precious child i will protect him at all costs
probably bc i love airbenders and how they think all life is precious
i also love zuko and azula and uncle iroh. i feel like the show does a good job of making everyone likeable???

i watched the first season of korra but was... severely disappointed. idk it felt rushed and i didn't care for the romances and all my questions went unanswered :c should i watch the rest of it?

GS_WillowispGS_Death_HeadGS_Will_Head
i'm too shy and bisexual for this
10-08-2014, 11:17 PM,
Spooktacular
I still need to watch beyond the fifth or so episode of Korra, but my favourite characters ATLA were the airbender monks at the now-abandoned temple in season 1.
[Image: 20140103215940!Gyatso%27s_corpse.png]
Real cool guys.
10-08-2014, 11:32 PM,
kaolincash
(10-08-2014, 09:35 PM)bees? Wrote: i feel like the show does a good job of making everyone likeable???

[Image: 65239161209277880509.jpg]
incorrect

[Image: forumsig.gif]
13-08-2014, 01:54 AM,
TWLBOAJ
Even if not likeable, Jet's still interesting, and even a bit sympathetic, if only because of the Lake Laogai episode. He's still completely insane and not a good person, but he's also not a one-note villain nutcase.

[Image: 17321902285830625341.png]
24-08-2014, 05:03 AM,
Scylla
so many of the characters are just perfect. this is my all-time favorite show and korra really doesn't live up to it at all but

if you're interested in korra, i feel like it really picks up in late season 2 and season 3. like, i adored the episode about the first avatar even if it kind of messed up some timeline stuff (like... how did the first earthbenders learn from badger-moles if they're just given bending by the lionturtle thing? don't understand)

season 3 felt a lot more like the original show to me than any of the other parts of korra until it hit the last few episodes. there it got way darker and didn't feel like the old avatar at all, but it was still beautiful and had me hooked. just in a different way.

i tend to appreciate all the characters except a few. not really fond of azula, and i know you're not supposed to like her but it goes a bit deeper than that for me. (cough mary sue cough)

i could talk a billion years about this series
24-08-2014, 09:05 AM,
sleuth
season 3 of korra was so much better than previous seasons especially since it stopped focusing so dang much on romance. the villains were cool as hecke too. i look forward to season 4.

overall LoK is a major disappointment compared to ATLA, which is a fucking masterpiece. i remember watching the very first episode for the first time when it first came out and i was like 12 or some shit, fell in love immediately with the show. the character development in it was so, so great and LoK is so lacking in it (tho s3 was an improvement) which is a shame since I like a lot of the LoK characters. Varrick is my fav, didn't show up much this season tho
24-08-2014, 05:28 PM,
SinistARGH
i feel like this is something that really struck me
[Image: tumblr_narrdbR0T21r8894so1_1280.png]

[Image: 01120714461842577315.png]
25-08-2014, 04:34 AM,
karisma
(24-08-2014, 05:28 PM)SinistARGH Wrote: i feel like this is something that really struck me
[Image: tumblr_narrdbR0T21r8894so1_1280.png]

ouch hey thats really Confused

[Image: tumblr_inline_nasokcFBvm1ro7vch.gif]
25-08-2014, 11:49 AM,
Myke
I have a lot of mixed feelings about both shows uh

I was a little too old when I started on ATLA so I found much of the dialogue and especially the comedy scenes grating, but I was intrigued enough by the universe and the greater themes to stick it out and I'm really glad I did
I still think it's super juvenile in a lot of aspects (the resolution of every single conflict was easy to predict after only ten or so minutes) but now I'm okay with that
in fact I'm glad that there's a show like this that is simple enough in its presentation for young people to get into, but which still covers complex themes and troublesome aspects of history and culture

favourite eps are tales of ba sing se, zuko alone, and sokka's master, fav characters are zuko, iroh, toph, and aang

TLOK is a different animal, I like the characters much better and the actual storytelling (aka dialogue/direction) way more (I even like the dumb comedy stuff) but the series as a whole lacks that sense of cohesive theming and meaning
it's like the face of the series has matured, but everything underneath has become juvenile and shallow instead? like the twists are more unpredictable and the danger is more personal and compelling but none of it is going anywhere, nobody seems to be evolving or growing as characters
still haven't started book 3 yet we'll see

fav eps are welcome to republic city, leaf in the wind, and beginnings 1 & 2, fav characters are varrick, korra, bolin, and beifong