the bone zone
rec the person above you. - Printable Version

+- the bone zone (http://bonezone.symphonum.com)
+-- Forum: art. literature. entertainment (http://bonezone.symphonum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: book dungeon (http://bonezone.symphonum.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: rec the person above you. (/showthread.php?tid=229)

Pages: 1 2

rec the person above you. - agent - 27-08-2014

There are never enough book recs in this world!

It's simple, just recommend a book to the poster above you, then wait for yours.

If you wanna request a genre, go ahead but don't be a douche about it.

I'll start off by recommending Tess Gerritsen's The Surgeon to everyone because medical fiction is universal.

also add me on goodreads if ya want so we can nerd out over books.

RE: rec the person above you. - karisma - 28-08-2014

im not very good at choosing good books, but one of the book that I really liked was Camilla by Madeleine L'Engle, it's about a girl and growing up, but really it's about more than that ?

I thought it was really good.

Another book I recommend is Heck: Where the Bad Kids Go which for kids, but since i'm a big baby i really liked it :o)

RE: rec the person above you. - BOSpaladin - 28-08-2014

I'm just gonna go ahead and recommend Protector of the Small: First Test by Tamora Pierce because if you're not already reading young adult fiction about female knights......... why not?

RE: rec the person above you. - SinistARGH - 28-08-2014

i really enjoyed the Eragon novel series (but for the love of Nito do not watch the movie.)

but more importantly

SKULDUGGERY PLEASANT IS A BOOK SERIES ABOUT A MOTHERFUCKING SKELETON DETECTIVE WHO SHOOTS FIREBALLS AND WAS PART OF A GOTDAM WIZARD WAR.
also there's some girl or whatever.

RE: rec the person above you. - Beware - 28-08-2014

Book Thief. Book Thief is my life.

You can watch the movie if you're too lazy, but I would recommend the book, too.

RE: rec the person above you. - SinistARGH - 28-08-2014

oh ya, i saw the movie :o

it's a shame death didn't make an appearance, i wanna see that hot skelebod.

RE: rec the person above you. - kaolincash - 28-08-2014

I highly recommend The Bartimaeus Trilogy;
The Amulet of Samarkand
The Golem's Eye
Ptolemy's Gate

and the prequel:
The Ring of Solomon.

I also think you would like them, agent, as they relate very heavily to the lore regarding
[Image: 56489412097969325924.gif]

RE: rec the person above you. - agent - 28-08-2014

(28-08-2014, 10:14 PM)kaolincash Wrote: I highly recommend The Bartimaeus Trilogy;
The Amulet of Samarkand
The Golem's Eye
Ptolemy's Gate

and the prequel:
The Ring of Solomon.

I also think you would like them, agent, as they relate very heavily to the lore regarding
[Image: 56489412097969325924.gif]

awh sweet, i'll definitely look into them once i finish up gravity. this is a whole new world you have opened up so many doors.

RE: rec the person above you. - kaolincash - 29-08-2014

I'm glad you feel that way. Having said that you would be interested, I highly recommend this series to everyone here. It's one of the best stories I've read, and one of the ones I frequently re-read.

RE: rec the person above you. - Beware - 30-08-2014

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, though.